- Put on (sleeveless) dress and cardigan.
- Hate it.
- Put on different cardigan.
- Hate it too.
- Revert to original outfit - also (sleeveless) dress and cardigan
- Hate it more.
- Pull out two skirts, four additional cardigans and a smattering of camisoles.
- Lather, rinse, repeat steps 1 to 4.
- Give up and leave for office twenty minutes late in boring black skirt, boring white cardigan over boring black camisole.
- After trying on and discarding three shoe options before settling on a black patent pump.
- Only consolation truly fab necklace thrown on at last minute in desperate attempt to not cry.
When we awoke on Saturday to yet another rainy, cold and dreary day I conned Precious Youngest into going shopping with me. Can I just say that for a bunch of girls the Precious Daughters and I are not big shoppers? We adore clothes, shoes, bags, the works - but actual the shopping? Meh.
Anyhoodle we spent about four hours IN A MALL. You have no idea how bizarre and disturbing that is. BUT, with a little help I got some new things to throw in the mix and hopefully prevent any other emergencies of the type experienced last week. Behold:
Cardigans, pink and gray - Talbot's - marked down to $33.99
Raspberry tank with sparkly sequins and fun scarf (not marked down - shush) Ann Taylor Loft.
Not to worry, Precious Youngest scored several items too, including the same tank but in Navy. I came back with just enough new pieces to mix and match with existing pieces that I haven't been late to work once this week!
Done any shopping lately?