Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm Out Back

I have two large flower beds; one in front yard and one in back. Their style is best described as "Cottage" as there is nothing formal about them. They are both islands, edged in brick with a pathway that winds through the middle for both enjoyment and ease of tending.




Remember when the back bed looked like this in March?






Now it looks like this:


I chose an entirely different color pallet for the back garden than the front.




Each week as some flowers begin to fade others come into bloom. From week to week the beds never look the same, but are always a delight.

I am by nature a planner, an organizer, an OCD type. I'm left to wonder: where do all those tendencies go once I'm in the garden?

1 comment:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have always preferred the cottage look--too manicured is best left to Disneyland.