Friday, June 4, 2010

Working Girl

I know you have all been on the edge of your seats waiting to hear….Precious Youngest is employed! It was not easy let me tell you. The Saint and I took turns nagging her about applications and follow-up calls. There is just not a lot of hiring going on right now.

At any rate, she found this job on her own. The work seemed in-line with her talents and paid better than the standard. She sent them her resume and a link to some work she’s done. They met her Wednesday and hired her on the spot. The job is entry-level, grunt work sort of stuff, but it is in her field of study so we’re hoping it provides some good, practical experience along with a paycheck.

So, home and employed in under three weeks! As the saying goes: I'm not a nag, I'm a motivational speaker! (I might also have bribed her with the promise to buy her this dress. I’m just sayin’.)

2 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Congrats! I know what a relief it is.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!
I just say that "I'm not a nag" t-shirt recently and I laughed so hard. That could be my motto, too.