Friday, September 21, 2007

Meanest Mother Award # 362

Several weeks ago Precious Youngest was invited by boy #1 to Homecoming at the all boys school in these parts. Out we went to find a dress. This is not a simple thing. So many considerations. Long or Short? Black or Color? Throw in that Precious Youngest remembers every dress she’s ever worn, and does not want to wear anything remotely similar… GAAHH!! And yet? Many miles later …success!

Yesterday boy # 2 who attends her school asked her to their Homecoming, still a month away. And I'm thinking to myself; two different schools, two different boys, little overlap between the two groups. Can you guess the first comment out of my mouth? “Oh, you are SO wearing the same dress to both dances!”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have said the same thing. I get a mean momma award daily from my girls. LOL

Beverly said...

I guess that I would get the "meanest mother award" also! I had the exact same thought when I saw "boy #2" mentioned.

Patti said...

I have an attic full of homecoming/prom dresses. Don't buy the "I'll wear it again when I am at college". She won't. These dresses are like bridesmaid dresses, after the dance, untouchable. Add on if they have a not so good time, the dress is then cursed. I have well over 10 dresses that will most likely never be worn again! What a waste! Don't even get me started on the hair and makeup... One day I tried on all my daughters' old dresses just for fun. So I didn't get my over $1,000 dollars back, but I had a great laugh.

Shelley said...

Yep, I so would have said the same thing as well. We went shopping for shoes to match the homecoming dress yesterday, and I was so happy when she liked a pair (and they are cute!) which were on clearance for $10, because you know she'll only wear them this once. Booyah!

Fannie said...

Oh yes, we too have closets full of dresses that will never again see the light of day. SIGH!

PS To Beverly - I'm not invited to your blog anymore? :(