Here are the meme rules:
- Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
- Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them here for everyone to guess.
- Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
- GUESSERS: NO GOOGLING/using IMDB search functions. I mean, you can cheat if you want, but is it really that important?
- One movie guess per blogger. Give people a chance to guess before you steal all of the awesome!
- Madame Queen got this one, from "Stripes"
We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts.
- Yay for the Drawer Queen for getting "Fargo"
OK, so we got a trooper pulls someone over, we got a shooting, these folks drive by, there's a high-speed pursuit, ends here and then this execution-type deal.
- Angela got this one, Waking Ned Divine!
Michael O'Sullivan was my great friend. But I don't ever remember telling him that. The words that are spoken at a funeral are spoken too late for the man who is dead. What a wonderful thing it would be to visit your own funeral. To sit at the front and hear what was said, maybe say a few things yourself. Michael and I grew old together. But at times, when we laughed, we grew young. If he was here now, if he could hear what I say, I'd congratulate him on being a great man, and thank him for being a friend.
- The Hotfessional guessed first, but Daisy got it too, "Bull Durham"
Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob.
- Some people find it ironical that although we run a travel agency, we've never been outside of Blaine.
- The Queen in for round two, "Sixteen Candles"
Games, Jake. Silly torturous games. Sometimes I go a week without lunch because some bitch wants to borrow my lunch money. Any halfway decent girl can rob me blind. Because I'm too twuirked up to say no. It's heinous, I'm telling you.
- You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You're her oracle. You're her hero. And then the day comes when she gets her first permanent wave and goes to her first real party, and from that day on, you're in a constant state of panic.
- Angela in for round two as well, "The World According To Garp"
We'll take the house. Honey, the chances of another plane hitting this house are astronomical. It's been pre-disastered. We're going to be safe here.
- Shelley guessed correctly, "One flew Over the Cuckoos Nest"
I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.
- And New Diva guessed correctly with "Sideways"
Listen, man. You're my friend, and I know you care about me. And I know you disapprove, and I respect that. But there are some things that I have to do that you don't understand. You understand literature, movies, wine... but you don't understand my plight.
That's it folks, have an excellent Tuesday!