Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yes. AGAIN.

My sister had a heart attack last night. I'm sitting with her in the cardiac ICU. She is sedated, on a ventilator and undergoing a process called Therapeutic Hypothermia Protocol. Her current body temperature is down to 91 degrees while they try to assess any heart or neuro damage from the cardiac arrest while giving her body a chance to heal.

If you want the back story it starts here, and then goes here, and then here.

She had a radioactive/iodine ablation for her thyroid three weeks ago, but her T3 is still raging. The concern now is that this generally results in A-Fib, not full on cardiac arrest.

I've called every priest I know and I may pull in a rabbi or mullah if I can find one. Please pray.

4 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I am so sorry. Of course I will be thinking good thoughts for her speedy and full recovery.

Holly (me.) said...

Oh, my. Will absolutely pray.

Violet said...

Oh my goodness...

Praying for your sister, you and everyone concerned.

Jen on the Edge said...

Oh gosh. Sending lots and lots of good thoughts your way.