Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Laugh or Cry?

My sister is back in the hospital. The Saint and I took her to the ER yesterday. Elevated heart rate and fluid in the lungs is putting off the radiation therapy she was due to have tomorrow to "kill" her thyroid.

She's been feeling poorly for too long and is beyond upset to be back in the hospital. We're a little low in the morale department around these parts.

So laugh or cry?


OVERHEARD

The Saint calls me today at the office

The Saint: Are you cooking dinner tonight?

Fannie: I was planning to, why?

The Saint: I think the Precious Daughters both have plans tonight.

Fannie: Well, what time? Do the plans involve dinner?

The Saint: I think Precious Oldest has potential dinner plans, I'm not sure about Precious Youngest.

Fannie: It doesn't really matter -I'm cooking whether anyone is home or not. Tell them to do whatever. And any way, I don't want to be "THAT MOTHER" .

The Saint: "THAT MOTHER"?

Fannie: You know, the one that does the guilt.

The Saint: Oh, I'll be sure to pass THAT along!

Fannie: "Well ...when you do make sure you tell them *sniff* you heard tears in my voice!

All joking aside - we need a prayer over here!

P.S. They were both home for family dinner, I'm just sayin'.

5 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Sending good thoughts for a quick recovery for your sister.

No family dinner here tonight--but that's okay--I had a late lunch at a great Italian restaurant with a friend.

Jen on the Edge said...

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Sending good thoughts your way...

Anonymous said...

Will pray for your sister.
Glad your daughters made it to dinner.

Holly (me.) said...

Sending a prayer that your sister will be well enough for the treatment soon. If she is waiting for that, she must be really dragging.

Shelley said...

I hope things are going better for your sister. How is she doing?

I'm glad both the precious daughters were home for dinner. Without even a side of steaming hot guilt. ;)