Monday, November 1, 2010

Random Thoughts

Oh the randomness currently rolling through my brain.

We have had THE most unbelievable fall weather. Very Little Rain = Much Sunshine. You have no idea how this pleases me. The windows have been open for weeks upon weeks. It has only been in the last few days I’ve left the heat on for an entire 24 hours.

Precious Youngest was home this past weekend. She needed a break. She is struggling right now. She is in a difficult period of discernment. She is my worrier by nature and I’m losing some sleep on her behalf.

I’ve been notified of two large awards for grants I wrote in late summer. Let me tell you; money is tight and competition is stiff. I feel pretty good about this.

I am afraid I have to walk away from helping my sister with her finances. I had hoped to keep her little ship afloat until she could deal with some long standing issues. My assistance is now being perceived as interference. She is resentful to the point that it is affecting our relationship. I am afraid for her, but I can not make an almost forty seven year-old woman DO anything she doesn’t want to do.

I have a sort of a braggy thing I keep writing about and then deleting. You know what? Make that two things.

The hot flashes. Oh my God people; kill me now. I have an appointment with a doctor next week. I am hoping there is something to be done.

See? Random.

7 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I know that feeling about struggling, when your daughter struggles. Mine hasn't had the easiest time with some of her college decisions.

The hot flash time is when I started sleeping with the windows open until December...in Massachusetts.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

If you can't brag on your own blog, where can you?

I so get the sister thing. So get it and it is terribly tough.

We've had the opposite autumn--lots of rain and very little sunshine.

It is so hard when your kids are struggling. I hope she finds her way.

Suburban Correspondent said...

Ice pack on the back of your neck does wonders when the hot flashes hit. Extra helpful if you can train someone else to run and get the ice pack for you...

Um, Jenn? I thought it never rained in Southern California.

Anonymous said...

That bites about the youngest and the sister, but I bet you are brilliantly supportive with just the right amount of distance.
Please brag.

Holly (me.) said...

Braggy things? Oooh, do tell! (It's not braggy when someone ASKS.)
As for the rest... *sigh*

Cindy said...

Spill it! Bragging? You deserve it.

Advice for hot flashes - I bought one of those fabric thingys filled with little beads that expand when wet (sorry I don't have the exact name of it). Let me know if you're interested and I'll find it. This really helped me. It will get better!

Shelley said...

We've had the autumn too...warm and very little rain. November ... (7th already? Gah) and no snow yet.

I can so relate to the daughter struggles. When they worry, you worry. When they hurt, you hurt. Going through a bit of that myself, Army, etc.

Congrats on the grants!

I think you should stop deleting the braggy things and write them. Where can you brag if not on your own blog? Brag away! :)