Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I know that I am

I was out-of-pocket for a few days and I don't want it to slip by that the Saint's birthday was last Friday.

I love Ben Folds. I love this song. It makes me think of him every time I hear it.

The Luckiest

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

- Ben Folds
"The Luckiest"



Happy Birthday Old Man!
Love, Fannie

5 comments:

Madame Queen said...

Awww. I'm not sure I know that song, but it's great!

Missed you. Glad you're back!!

Vanessa said...

Awwww, happy birthday to the Saint!

Patti said...

Ben Folds always says it best.....

Mary Alice said...

Happy Birthday to the Saint - isn't it nice to be loved so much?

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You're setting the bar high for birthday greetings!