Friday, September 19, 2008

Well let's see....

Wheee! Homecoming is this weekend. (OK, maybe not "Wheee!") The dance is Saturday and we finally got the damn dress, but not without much drama and angst. Those of you raising young girls who are picky about clothes/shoes/hair at their tender age? Just you WAIT. So very many things must be considered: length, style, color, comparisons to dresses past.....sigh.

As an added bonus, Precious Youngest attends a Catholic high school, so many of the frocks available for these types of occasions do not meet the modesty standards which I love with all my heart set by the school. So last weekend I ended up taking Precious Youngest to a nearby town to shop for dresses with Sib #2 and her two girls and in tow.

In the end, my sister and I decided this was not a bad way to go. We put the three girls in dressing rooms, sat on the giant ottoman in the middle of the dressing area, and they passed twenty dresses back and forth until all had chosen. When we were done we went down the street to the brewery for lunch. On second thought, perhaps going to the brewery FIRST would have eased the pain..... (learn from my mistakes people, I'm just sayin'.)

In other news, Precious Youngest's BFF is up for Homecoming Queen! We are very excited as the BFF is a sweetie. The Saint is feeling proud because he will be driving the BFF in the Homecoming parade and then onto the football field for the ceremony tonight. He will be borrowing the neighbor's Mercedes convertible for the occasion as the Honda simply will not do.

For my part, I hope to have pictures of headless teenagers to entertain you with when this is all over. Now go have yourselves a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the pictures!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Over a year and you still don't have an e-mail that is public on your Blogger Profile page! For shame!

You'll just have to go back to my blog to see my answer to your comment.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

This is my dress solution--every time we stop at a Ross or Marshall's we look for dresses. This year's Homecoming Dress was $12.99. We still need to get shoes and a wrap, but still . . .

Pictures?

Leanne said...

Wow. I'm in line for my first dress this year and it's a grade 8 graduation. I can't wait to see what 4 years in brings. Groan.

The drinking before hand sounds like good advice though. Thanks.