Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Overheard

Jenn posted this about her daughter, which made me think of the following conversation that took place at our house around graduation.:

The Saint: “I’ll give five dollars to anyone who can guess, within 20%, the number of texts Precious Youngest sent in the month of April.

Fannie: guessing really high because she really needs five dollars “3,700.”

Precious Youngest: who should have a frigging clue “5,200.”

Fannie’s Mother: shocked at how high we were guessing “2,300.”

Fannie’s Father: trying to show off “2,896.”

The Saint: crowing triumphantly “7,836!”

Fannie: mouth agape "Holy crap!"

Fannie's Mother: mouth agape "Mary Mother of God!"

Precious Youngest: shrugging and unfazed "I was in school for the month of April. Just wait until you see May. "

I'll keep ya'll posted!

11 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

I can't even imagine that. Then again, I don't text. Yet. Once my girls get cell phones in a few years, I will figure out the whole texting thing. My friends with teens tell me it's the easiest way to stay on top of where their kids are at any given time.

Swirl Girl said...

I don't text - doesn't it cost a fortune?

Shelley said...

We have an unlimited texting plan with AT&T, otherwise we'd be broke. Well, more broke than we are now. Were those 7,836 all outgoing, or were they both the incoming and the outgoing? I know we rack up those kinds of numbers around here too. I don't text, I'm way too slow at it and it frustrates me.

Daisy said...

My response lines up with your mother's. Holy smokes!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Now you have me curious--I'm going to have to check the exact number of texts she sent. I'll get back to you with the answer!

Holly (me.) said...

Hee. No one around here can even come close to Precious Youngest's Textarama high. Here's to unlimited texting!

Ree said...

I'm going to try that with The Diva's minutes.

"Guess how many of our 700 shared minutes the Diva used last month?"

623.

And we still managed to not go over.
Seriously. The kid is pushing it.

Of course, now that Mr_Hot has found Twitter...I have to agree. Thank goodness for unlimited texting.

Anonymous said...

!

Vanessa said...

DANG! She even out-texted me!

Jocelyn said...

I don't just live in a different world; I'm off in a distant galaxy.

REALLY?

Who's financing the carpel tunnel surgery in three years?

Little Miss Sunshine State said...
This comment has been removed by the author.