Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This and That - Holiday Edition

Things I've been doing:

  • Judging a debate tournament
  • Thanksgiving food shopping
  • Changing sheets and airing out rooms
  • Sampling wine
  • Enjoying meals with Precious Youngest – home for Thanksgiving break
  • Taking the Terrorist for a Day of Beauty
  • Big ass Costco run – God I love that place!
  • Counting chairs, plates, napkins, wine glasses, etc.
  • Coordinating the out-of-town arrivals of/accommodations for three nephews, two brothers, one sister, one niece, one brother-in-law, one sister-in-law and my step-nephew and his new bride

Things I will be doing:

  • Picking up the cases of wine we ordered
  • Cooking, cooking, and more cooking
  • Baking - only one cake but still…
  • Getting a manicure
  • Last minute grocery shopping
  • Runs to the airport
  • Enjoying meals with Precious Oldest – home for Thanksgiving break
  • Oh yeah, more cooking
  • Laundry, laundry and more laundry

How are your holiday preparations coming along?

8 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Today is the big day. Since it's just the six of us this year things will be a little lower-key--which feels just right.

Violet said...

Tonight I will do laundry and pack. Tomorrow I will drive 9 hours over the river and through the woods to my parents' house.

My sister and her family have been there since Sat, so I hope they will have all the prep work done and I can just enjoy the fruits of their labor! :D

I did promise my dad that I would make fried chicken while I am there.

Anonymous said...

Whoa--judging a debate tournament? What's the topic this year? I used to coach back in the day...and judge, of course.
Enjoy that family--laundry and food prep and all!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Once again, it's just three of us. Since I work in retail, I'll be working 10 to 6 on Wed and 6:45am to 2:30pm the day after.

My husband was home today to help me shop and my daughter will come to spend the night on Wed.

Jen on the Edge said...

My Thanksgiving prep is a piece of cake compared to yours. We make a day trip to my mother's house, so we don't have to host and our cooking obligations are minimal.

Even for Christmas, our preparations aren't too bad because all of our guests come for for the day only. No overnight guests -- Woot!

ree said...

Well, I made it through the airport debacle, got home, went to the grocery store, and thought about tomorrow, when we'll be heading downtown for the Lions/Packers game.

Now I think I should take a nap.

Holly (me.) said...

I made sure to pick up that case of wine. I figure with that priority in order the rest would fall into place.

Shelley said...

Our first Thanksgiving with just the husband, the younger two kids, and me. Still making a turkey with all the fixings, but a smaller turkey than in years past. It's actually kind of nice, because I don't have a timetable. When are we eating? When it's ready. :)

Am looking forward to Christmas, when my entire family (oldest daughter, parents, brother, sis-in-law and 4 year-old niece) will be here. For now, just relaxing.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Fannie. I hope you have a wonderful day. :)