Friday, November 6, 2009

Sometimes you feel like a nut

Precious Oldest was on the phone and we were comparing Halloween notes.

Fannie: “We ran out of candy at 9:00! And I had two HUGE bags of assorted candy! I almost resorted to handing out the Almond Joys I held back!”


Precious Oldest: “I did the same thing – took out all the Almond Joys!”

Fannie: “Well of course! Kids don’t like coconut!


Or nuts!


It’s really for the best.”

Precious Oldest: “But …I bought a huge bag of candy that included Almond Joys ON PURPOSE….”

Fannie: “So what?”

Precious Oldest: “SO, I bought candy I had no intention of passing out to the kids! OMG - I am turning into my mother!”

Humph, she says that like it’s a bad thing!

4 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You're right--when I was a kid I HATED getting the Almond Joys. Still do, as a matter of fact.

Anonymous said...

That makes me giggle:) I hated them as a kid, too. but as a grown up? Yep, taking them ALL!

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh, Almond Joys are my favorite! It's a good thing my kids don't like them, because I steal every single one from their bags.

Holly (me.) said...

We have a "candy tax" that involves the Mister and I taking our favorite out of the bag after the kids pick their first three choices. It's a sad fact that our kids like coconut. And almonds.