Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dinner is served

This is the dinner I fixed tonight:



Gemelli tossed with Alfredo Sauce (sprinkled w/ crisped Pancetta)
Green Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
Fresh Rosemary Olive Oil Bread




The best part of this meal?





OK - yes, the wine. BESIDES that! The Bread!












Do you know why? Because at my local grocery the 13th loaf is FREE!!!!! (And let's just say I buy a whole lot of bread.)












FREE I tell you! And why does this excite me in inexplicable ways?

1. I don't bake. There would be no fresh bread in my home without the all lovely bread bakers.

And B. If there is a better feeling than running into the market on your way home from the office to pick up that last minute something to complete the meal you are feeding your family... and it's free? Give me a prescription and I won't need my meds.

3 comments:

Patti said...

Oh damn that looks good. I had a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats for dinner. (Sometimes I cook!) I too love the Farm to Market, and the free loaf. I think I am closer to the Hen House workers than many of my neighbors. I see them at least 5 times a week and they all know what I eat and appreciate that I may singlehandedly pay the salary for at least three or four of them with my outrageous grocery bills!

Suburban Correspondent said...

You know what? It doesn't take a whole lot to make you happy.

Fannie said...

Sigh, I use Hen House as a pantry. If more than two days go by without a visit from me? They check the hospitals.