Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I want a new job...

It was actually chilly this morning. (Precious Youngest was just complaining about frost on her car windows this morning, BOO HOO!!) We’re teeing up the winter house “projects”. We spend so much time at the lake in the summer that its all we can do to keep up with the yard and the gardens. Everything else to has to wait.

First up, new paint job for the house. And before you go thinking we’re all impressive and shit please know that my involvement is limited to picking the colors, and the Saint’s to hiring the painters. I'm doing "Pegasus" for the house (white) and "Midnight Clover" for the shutters (green), doesn't that sound pretty?

But wait! We’re not lazy! We’re hiring that out so we can rip up a bathroom! We have a tiny half bath in our bedroom. I'm really the only one who uses it, but we've lived here over eleven years and it is time!




We replaced the toilet, sink and light fixtures when we moved in. Otherwise it is relatively unchanged.


Then there's the window. Useless. Really.



Before our time the window used to look out into the back yard. Then onto a screened porch. The porch is now fully enclosed so it looks out onto ... well... the sun room. So I want to tear it out along with the lemon yellow tile. The hole will be replaced with sheet rock. And the tile will be replaced by bead board. Painted Sherwin Williams “Dover White”. The wall above, a shade of green as yet undetermined, but I’m leaning towards a Sherwin Williams shade called “Gleeful”.

This is the first room I stumble into on cold dark mornings when I get up. Don’t you think if I painted it a color called “Gleeful” maybe I wouldn't be such a bitch?

2 comments:

Poppy B. said...

Hey, it's worth a try.

We just painted our bathroom Kittery Point Green. I've been there many times and ... um, no. The kitchen is now Sail Cloth.

Great idea, making up paint color names. When you make it big as a Paint Color Name Maker Upper, just remember that I called dibs on "Baby Shit Brown."

Fannie said...

You got it Poppy; but I claim Beet Puke Purple and Hershey Kiss Dog Shit (that would be a metallic).