Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Beantown

Oh my freaking god I didn't think I was going to get through the first three days of this week. I was buried with work events and then had to try to get everything as current as possible so I'm not completely swamped when I get back.


We left at o'dark hundered this morning to fly to Boston. We plan to visit many sites of historical and cultural interest. And I plan to eat my weight in seafood daily. The weather is wonderful, we've already walked a gazillion miles and my crab cakes at lunch were terrific.


Everyone is wearing green in honor of the Celtics triumph in the NBA tournament (the ticker tape parade was today). I immediately changed into a green shirt because THEIR Paul Pierce was OUR Paul Pierce back in the day.

Sunday we'll drive down to New York. We'll have a visit with my brother and his wife. And see my new nephews. And visit more sites of historical and cultural interest.

I'm off to take a wee nap and change for dinner. I'm thinking of starting with oysters...

3 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Wee nap? Seafood? Green with envy.

Daisy said...

I'm with Jenn on this one.

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Is there more to say? Except maybe "pass the butter?" or take me with you?