Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Gather

Any gardener worth their salt knows that upkeep is crucial. I find a daily dose in the early morning is a huge help. I get home from the gym about 6:45 AM, long before the heat of the day is intolerable. I grab a paper grocery bag (for weeds and other garden debris), my clippers and my basket.



In April and May I checked daily for asparagus. In another month it will be tomatoes. Now, and through the summer, I'll check in on my roses. I deadhead as needed, and clip what I want for daily use. I fill cups with tepid water, re-cut the stems, and arrange them when I get a chance later in the day.



Fifteen minutes early in the day means I'll have roses



for every



room



in the house



all summer long!

5 comments:

Daisy said...

You have way too much energy in the morning, but those buds make it worth it!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Get back at 6:45 a.m.???

Suburban Correspondent said...

Unlike Jenn, I am going to try to ignore what you said about the gym.

Anonymous said...

Love that. Am envious of those roses. In every room? I bet it smells beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I have garden envy!!! And I really love that basket.