Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I thought how nice it would be to curl up in that flannel covered, downy goodness and wallow to my hearts content.
I could picture the downy goodness, clean and fluffy.
So after my shower I trotted down to the basement to haul out what I had stored so lovingly back in May. And what, to my surprise, did I find?
Hallelujah! We'll have Halloween after all!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
- Ate Greek food AND Mexican food.
- Had a lovely lunch with the Saint and one of his childhood friends of whom we do not see nearly enough.
- Pulled out tomato plants, divided and fed daffodil bulbs and amended the soil in areas of my gardens that had sadly returned to the clay state so rampant in our part of the world.
- Went to a charity auction, started drinking, bid on some ridiculous items and accidentally left the Saint behind at the end of the evening.
- Went grocery shopping and remembered everything I needed.
- Went to Target and not only forgot some things I needed but managed to come home with two new standard sized pillows for our bed. Except our pillow cases are you know KING SIZED.
Things I’ll be doing this week:
- Editing college application essays.
- Sitting through more meetings than any one person should have to endure.
- Going to a concert.
- Taking a day off and just doing fun shit.
- Except for attending parent teacher conferences the very same night.
- Going off on a college visit with Precious Youngest. To a university that is a huge rival of my Alma Mater. Sigh.
- Eating fondue at GNO
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
Last night Precious Youngest was stressed. I fixed her a late dinner when she came home from work. We visited about her day and considered her wardrobe options for this weekend’s debate tournament. I went to bed with thoughts of being as helpful to her in the morning as I could.
This morning I gave myself quite a paper cut on the cardboard flap of a box top when I was setting out her breakfast. Then I burned myself ironing a blouse for her to wear to the aforementioned debate tournament. I kissed her on her way out the door and wished her good luck at the tournament.
After she left for school and I was dressing for work and realized the sweater I planned to wear was missing. (Those of you who live with teen aged girls will understand the pain of living with
Seriously people. Maybe she’s stressed because she lives in a PIG STY. I’m just sayin’.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
My throat aches as though I swallowed something much too big.
My stomach feels like the too big something has lodged there heavy, unmoving, weighted.
Tears sting, unbidden, behind my eyelids
for no reason that anyone can see. Not even me.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Something to snack on
Precious Oldest and her roommate love candy corn
To take to the kids Precious Oldest is T.A. for this semester
For the first time in YEARS the cashier at Target didn't ask if I wanted to "save 10%by applying for a Target credit card".
I do believe it's going to cost me more to MAIL this package than it did to purchase the items.
What we discovered was that in addition to leprosy, we also had a number of boards that needed to be replaced. There is a large Redbud tree on the south side of the deck. It provides wonderful shade, but also drip, drip, drips moisture all year round. So the number of boards that needed to be replaced turned out to be more than we originally thought.
Bad picture sent by the Saint via crackberry
I chose a nice semi-transparent stain for the deck only to be informed that it would have to be painted. Otherwise the "new" wood and the "old" wood would give our deck a somewhat uneven appearance. You may recall choosing paint colors is NOT my thing. Especially from a postage sized paint chip sample and under time pressure. (I told the Saint the week before that I needed to see a BIG swatch, or preferably a couple of boards painted, before I made my final decision. He claims he remembers no such conversation. GAAHH!!)
So take a look bleeps,
What do you think?
Is "Human Flesh" a poor color choice?
Or is it just me?
Thursday, October 2, 2008
She didn’t call to ask for money. She didn’t call to reel off a list of complaints. She didn’t call to vent about petty grievances.
She called to tell me she is happy. That she loves her major. That she made the right decision.
Almost twenty is a LONG, LONG, LONG way from teenager.