Sunday, December 9, 2007

Dudes, my kids were right!

OK, I need for you to get a mental picture firmly in place. Are you ready? Seriously, close your eyes and concentrate. You know that look that teenagers get from time to time? The one where they look at you like you are the stupidest human being on the face of the earth? A complete and total moron? Yeah, THAT one. I personally have always felt it was undeserved. But guess what? They were right! I AM a moron. I managed to give myself whiplash getting the newspaper.

Seriously, I am in pain. Worse today than yesterday. I can't turn my head. Plus I pulled something in my right hip and so am seriously gimping along. I'm taking Aleve and using the heating pad. Which helps. But only for an hour or so. I seriously think I'm going to have to haul the heating pad to the office if I still feel like this tomorrow.

There is, however, good news. For weeks I have torn through closets trying to find my special Christmas shirt. This is what I wear to decorate, cook, or bake anything related to Christmas. I've had it probably eight years. It's lightweight and has a nice half zip at the top, lined with red corduroy. But I COULD NOT FIND IT. Now ordinary I would blame the children for having pilfered my closet yet again. Except in this case? I knew they'd rather die than be caught wearing this particular beauty of a clothing item. Ahem, so I mentioned to the Saint this week that I COULD NOT FIND IT ANYWHERE and guess what? He produced it in a matter of minutes!!


I know, you are all SUPER jealous right now. I can hear you thinking to yourselves, "If only I had Fannie's sense of style!" If Tim Gunn shows up on my doorstep I am so putting this on the "keep" rack, I don't care WHAT he says. Nothing says "Happy Holidays" quite like this shirt. Well except maybe this apron:


I want pictures of YOUR favorite holiday outfit!

6 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

I don't need a mental picture, honey - I've got the exact physical representation flashed at me regularly, right here. And I haven't even given myself whiplash.

Mary Alice said...

I threw my back out sitting on bleachers once. It can be done.

blackbird said...

- pulled my neck out IN THE SHOWER.
Anyway, as K's car keys are missing, I think I'll check in with that saint...

Patti said...

I was afraid that your fall might be worse than you thought...it is pretty traumatic to the whole body to fall that hard. Lucky you didn't have a concussion. Give yourself some recovery time and rest and relax tonight! Soak in a hot bath, find a comfortable resting position and take it easy. Milk it for all you can...carry out dinner, look really pathetic and let the Saint and PYoungest tend to your every need. (okay, that is totally what I would say I would do but probably would not) Hope you are feeling better.

Daisy said...

You've got to get the Cairn Terrorist trained to fetch the paper!

On a more serious note, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Fannie said...

SC: SIGH, I know you do.

Mary Alice and BB: Glad to know I'm not alone.

DQ: Yeah' about the milking - thanks for the tip ; )

Daisy: I wish!