Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Overheard last weekend

Saint: "Do you want to see a movie?"


Me: meh, but OK "Sure, what do you want to see?"


The Saint: "Is Michael Clayton still playing?"


Me: now giddy with excitement "Yes, yes, Michael Clayton!"


Saint: thoughtfully "We could see Juno."


Me: panting "Oh no, I'd see ANYTHING that has George Clooney in it! SIGH! He's dreamy."


Saint: puzzled "What about what's his name?"


Me: "Oh, I'd still totally do Sean Connery."


Precious Oldest: shrieking in horror from upstairs "MOM! You can NOT have a LIST!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Matthew McConoughy
2. Sean Connery
3. Tommy Lee Jones
4. Warren Beatty (Hey, I'm 45 and remember Heaven Can Wait)
5 The Guy that Played McCloud, but died, and I can't remember his name.
6. Cate Blanchett (Yes, I have a female)
7. The Guy that plays "Ned" in "Pushing Daisies" (too new to remember his name)

Shelley said...

lol!! Your kids both got the funny gene, I see.

Yay, I have a list too.

1. Rob Thomas
2. Matthew McConaughey
3. Eric Bana
4. Goran Visnjic
5. Geoff Stults (Eddie Leteca on October Road)
6. George Clooney, hell yeah
7. Aragorn - I know the actor is Viggio Mortenson, but I'm more in love with the character, I think.
8. John Mayer
9. Luke Perry (yes, I know my 90210 obssession is unhealthy, but damn.)

I'm sure there are more, but tell Precious Oldest that all 40 somethings have The List. Hee.

Patti said...

I just saw Paul Rudd in person (he was shopping) and I think maybe he will now be my whole list. Okay, and Johnny Depp.

Mary Alice said...

Every woman has a list...and if they say they don't..they are dirty rotten lying liers.

I saw Michael Clayton - loved it.

Shelley said...

Crap, I forgot about Johnny Depp! How could I do that?

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

EVERY woman should have a list and be able to rattle it off without any thought.

To whit:

1. Colin Firth
2. George Clooney
3. Brad Pitt
4. Orlando Bloom
5. Johnny Depp