Monday, July 28, 2008

The List

Standing in the kitchen doing dishes last night. Precious Youngest and Boyfriend come in looking for batteries for the remote.

Precious Youngest: rummaging in a drawer "How many batteries do we need?"

Boyfriend: "Two AAs."

Precious Youngest: "Good, that's all we have left."

Fannie: out of sheer habit "Write it on the list."

Precious Youngest: "Target?"

Fannie: "Yup."

Boyfriend: "List?"

Precious Youngest: "For stuff we need to buy. If you use the last of anything you write it on the list."

Boyfriend: "You have a TARGET list?"

Precious Youngest: "Yeah, right under the grocery list. If you just write it on the list, eventually it will show up."

Boyfriend: "That's what we need, a list!"


***************************
This morning I called home from work

Fannie: "I'm running to Target on my lunch hour, can you read me the list?"

Precious Youngest: "Deodorant, moisturizer, tampons, paper towels, Tide, AA batteries and Sour Gummy Worms."

Fannie: "Sour Gummy...Whaaa?"

Precious Youngest: "Boyfriend wrote that. He thought it was worth a shot."

7 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

He sounds like a keeper!

Karen said...

What family doesn't have a list?!

Vanessa said...

Boyfriend will be happy! I'm like that too, we have a grocery list, Target list and Home Depot list. It's the Home Depot list that causes me to dream of moving into a condo.

Anonymous said...

ha! I love it. You did buy them, right?

Swirl Girl said...

I remember lists, now where did I put that thing?

I think Boyfriend sounds like a doll!

Daisy said...

It's the hopefulness of youth!

Anonymous said...

THAT is funny. You are a good woman.