Monday, April 26, 2010

Grace in Small Things, part 21

I started to write a post about this weekend…not being up to snuff. My level of dissatisfaction with the cold and the rain. And then I remembered way back when that I had signed on for grace in small things. And how I sort of fell of that wagon in spectacular fashion. And how I need to start re-framing the way I look at things. And why don’t I just start right now?

  • Though the weather Friday was darkish and stormyish it cleared off nicely in the late afternoon.
  • The Saint had a business associate in town whose flight home was cancelled. As he was at loose ends we took him to dinner and had a delightful time.
  • Whatever the weather it’s spring damn it and we had our first gin and tonics of the season.
  • We had a birthday dinner for my mother on Saturday evening: Grilled pork tenderloin with cilantro Chimichurri, asparagus and wild rice.
  • My sister made some wonderful molten chocolate something-or-other cake. My mother was very happy.
  • Last night I made chicken Spedini over fettuccini with a Caesar salad and we watched the last four episodes of “Sopranos” back-to-back.

It appears my M.O. in dealing with the shitty weather is to eat my way to bigger pants until the weather improves. I’m already plotting tonight’s dinner…

2 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I think I would like to be your dinner guest.

ree said...

Shitty weather ALWAYS means bigger pants to me, too.

Bleh.