- Though the weather Friday was darkish and stormyish it cleared off nicely in the late afternoon.
- The Saint had a business associate in town whose flight home was cancelled. As he was at loose ends we took him to dinner and had a delightful time.
- Whatever the weather it’s spring damn it and we had our first gin and tonics of the season.
- We had a birthday dinner for my mother on Saturday evening: Grilled pork tenderloin with cilantro Chimichurri, asparagus and wild rice.
- My sister made some wonderful molten chocolate something-or-other cake. My mother was very happy.
- Last night I made chicken Spedini over fettuccini with a Caesar salad and we watched the last four episodes of “Sopranos” back-to-back.
It appears my M.O. in dealing with the shitty weather is to eat my way to bigger pants until the weather improves. I’m already plotting tonight’s dinner…