Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You Can't Win with Us

I’m sure you are wondering where I’ve been. Um, pretty much hiding from POLLEN. I don’t have spring allergies per se, but our pollen count is hovering over 8,000 when it is usually 800 to 1,000. Everything, it seems, has decided to bloom at the same time this year. While it is beautiful, I find myself with a sniffling nose and itchy eyes at days end. Every surface is covered in a light green dusting of pollen. I find myself praying for rain. ME! I KNOW!

Meanwhile poor Precious Youngest, off at school 135 miles due east of us, is suffering terribly. She developed spring allergies late in grade school which became more severe over time. We believe Oak pollen to be the main culprit. For a sixish week period in the spring she takes Singulair, Clarinex and Rhinocort ALL! AT! THE! SAME! TIME! and is still in abject misery.

So us warm weather, sun loving gals are hoping for rain. Mother Nature just can't catch a break can she?

10 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

My younger girl is utterly miserable too. She is every spring, but this spring is the worst yet. We are trying a new prescription medication right now and are hoping it will work.

Leandra said...

I feel your pain -- our pollen count has been in the 5000s. Oddly enough, they haven't really been bothering me much this year. Thank GOD!

Queen Momma-Sweet Merciful Crap said...

Seems we're all suffering! Thanks for at least helping us laugh about it!!

Violet said...

I have only very mild seasonal allergies but I have all sympathy for those who really suffer. Itchy eyes are so very uncomfortable!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That was me last year--a neti pot saved my life. Has she tried that?

Anonymous said...

My eyes itch just reading this--you poor people!

ree said...

I used to have terrible allergies every spring, but somehow, I've grown out of them. Thank goodness - it does seem to be bad out there this year.

Are the girls almost finished for the year? Are they coming home for the summer?

Shelley said...

When I was a kid, I got allergy shots once a week. Like three shots, once a week. One thing it did was made me indifferent to shots. I never thought it helped my allergies though, until recently. I really only have sporadic problems, and I wonder if the reason is because of those shots I had as a kid? Of course, now that I'm living in a different place than where I grew up, there are different plants. Hi, cottonwood trees...you're new to me. (Achoooo!) :)

Cindy said...

Pollen season hasn't hit here yet. We've been having sunny days and rainy nights, which is my favorite weather ever!

Handyman Chesterfield said...

Greatt reading your post