Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Waiting Game

I have tomato and cucumber transplants in the sun room hardening off. I've been leaving the windows open at night to adjust them to the cold and taking them outside for a few hours of direct sunlight (when we've had it!) to get them ready to plant.
I'm expecting some heirloom tomato transplants from a co-worker of The Saint's any day now and I'll do the same with them.

While not a good trait for a gardener, I am, by nature, an impatient person. The rain and cool weather we’ve been experiencing is killing me. If there is a window of opportunity to plant this weekend; weather forecast be damned I'm going for it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum--and I think the smell of tomato leaves is one of the most wonderful, earthy aromas.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My impatience meter spiked with the whole adjusting them to the cold thing. That is some tomato love!

Leanne said...

Wow. That's impressive. I just go to Costco and plant what ever's going. Oh, and I'm told to get tasty tomatoes you should feed them wine. Like I'm gonna waste wine trying that out though.... :)