Monday, April 19, 2010

Work In Progress

As predicted the weather over the weekend was perfect for spending time outside.
On Saturday I pulled out a patio chair I found these intriguing rings.



These are but a few of the places the masses of pollen pooled after our rain last week. (Precious Youngest reports feeling relieved of the worst of her allergy symptoms!)

This was the third weekend in row we were able to spend the better part of both days working in the yard. Clearing, weeding, pruning, dividing, fertilizing, mulching. By Sunday I felt good about the progress.


Good as in I put my feet up and read a bit and enjoyed all the green with the promise of flowers to come.

The challenge now is to lay off planting tender annuals and vegetables. My head knows it is too early but the urge to dig and plant is hard to resist!

3 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You rock. I have done nothing. Nothing. I don't even know if I'll have tomatoes this year.

Becky Brown said...

I, too, am fighting the urge to plant annuals. The lady at the nursery gave me the stick eye when I asked why they didn't have more in stock. Is it so bad to be an optimist?

Anonymous said...

That's a lotta pollen! Holy wow!
But what a pretty garden you're growing!