Monday, August 13, 2007

Dog Days

It has been a tad warm here in the Midwest. In fact the last seven days have been 100 +, as today promises to be: "Mostly sunny. Highs around 101. Very hot and humid. South winds up to 10 mph. Heat index readings 112 to 117. " The “heat index” is just the hot weather version of the “wind chill factor”.

Aunt Flo came to town Saturday, so I’m cranky and bloated. My boss was gone most of last week so work will be insane today. And where will I be spending my relaxing evening? Attending a baseball game! The Saint wanted a family outing to the old ball stadium for Father’s Day and this was the first evening we all had free. I don't know about you, but sweating at sporting events is not one of my favorite past times. People, there isn't enough beer in all the WORLD to make this a pleasant prospect.

No comments: