Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stumped

Here I sit, in the midst of birthday week, with nothing to say. I know! So unlike me! So instead of thoughtful prose I think I'll just disgorge all the various and sundry things flitting about in my brain of late.

The Weather - We had about a week in the high 90's and only three days that hit 100. Usually we get about a month of that. I've gone weeks at a time without properly clearing the kitchen table because we're dinning alfresco most evenings. I can't remember my gardens looking this good in August.

First Day of School - My nephew (Sib #2's son) started at his new school today. He's a quiet kid, so we're all sending good thoughts that the transition goes smoothly.

BLTs - Now my favorite breakfast. Ever.

Procrastination - I have two huge grants due in early September. Guess how much is written?

Project Runway - Now that the Olympics are over I'll have a chance to catch up on back episodes.

Forty Six - The age I turned on Sunday. It feels exactly the same as forty five, but with tighter pants.

Awards - How long after someone passes an award to you can you wait before spreading the love? Because I am WAY overdue.

Question - If you overheard someone say to your daughter "Don't say that. It makes you sound simple.", what would you think of the person who said it?

Eye Candy - Behold the (literal) fruits of my labors





Aren't you glad you stopped by?

9 comments:

Maggie, Dammit said...

I'll tell you what I'd think of that person. I'd kick that person in the shin, and then... and then try to articulate what I thought of them.

Well-deserved shin-kicking, first.

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm a couple of days late. :)

I would think the person was an arrogant ass. Maybe that's just me.

Your tomatoes look delicious.

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

I am. And that was not a very nice thing to say to your daughter (whoever said it). Great tomatoes!

And many happy returns of your special day!

Debie Napoleon said...

Happy Birthday and those are some beautiful tomatoes!

Daisy said...

Fannie, you make 46 look beautiful. Hope it was a happy day.

Anonymous said...

Whoever said that to your daughter isn't a very nice person.

Madame Queen said...

I AM glad I stopped by.

I have a huge grant that I think I am finally done with. WHAT A RELIEF. Good luck on yours!

"feels like forty-five but with tighter pants" made me laugh out loud.

And if someone said that to my daughter, I would assume she was ancient (who uses the word simple in that context anymore?) and try to chalk their rudeness up to senility.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I hope that person wasn't a boyfriend type.