Friday, August 8, 2008

The deed is done

OMG people, the eagle has landed. Well, in the sense that most of my sister's stuff is in the new house. Lessons learned:

If you put the washer and dryer on the moving truck FIRST, they will be the LAST things to come off the truck. (I carted what seemed like mountains of laundry from her house, to my house and back, but before I left last night my nieces' and nephew's beds were made up with clean sheets.)

When your carpet people tell you that delivery is C.O.D. it means they won't take a personal check. (I found out that my bank will do a cashiers check tout de suite for no charge whatsoever. )

If there's an asshole driving down the street, chances are pretty good they're driving a Mercedes Benz. (This particular asshole sat honking her horn over.and.over.and.over because she thought the moving truck was too far out in the street. The police informed her otherwise.)

The fact that your sister has the police on speed dial does not make her paranoid; it makes her WELL CONNECTED.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah! glad you didn't wring her neck (or the mercedes driver's either, for that matter) and that you got her in. You totally deserve something wonderful now.

Anonymous said...

I like well connected. ;-) It helps.

Now, for you, my dear - deep breaths. And a warm bubble bath.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I will sit over here in my house with my BIL and nephew STILL living with me and think kind things about you for helping your sister. Family?!

blackbird said...

So the big move is done!
Bravo.

Leanne said...

Now. Repeat after me. I'm glad she's moved, I love my sister. I'm glad she's moved, I love my sister.

Been there, done that too. :) And I'm happy for us that it's in BOTH our pasts.

Teena in Toronto said...

I despise moving. Ha!

Happy blogoversary!