Saturday, April 19, 2008

Clarity

It happens to us when we grow up. When childhood fades into the past and our unconscious mind intrudes on the present. We use a specific phrase without thinking. Or we find ourselves doing a certain task in a particular way. "Oh my God!", we say with dawning realization. (Always out loud, even if no one else is there to hear it.) "I'm becoming my mother!" Inevitable, it would seem. These moments. And they surprise us. Sometimes fill us with dismay.










And if you're sixteen going on seventeen?

A moment like this can kill you dead!

It was something she said.

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Great picture. And at any age, a moment like that can kill you dead, especially with a mother like mine.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It's good to let it all out!

Karen said...

She may be better off dead if it's happening at that young of an age. Nothing against you, I'm just thinking of my own mother.

Suburban Correspondent said...

Look forward to more sweet moments of revenge to come!

Daisy said...

At some point (if it doesn't really kill her first), she'll resign herself to it the way that I have.

God help us all.

Shelley said...

I still feel that way when I hear my mother's voice come out of my mouth. Dead on the kitchen floor, as a result of things I swore I'd never say.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Yep! That'll do it!

Love your label title for this, btw! Hilarious!