Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Disappointed

I have a bit of a mystery on my hands. None of my crocus bloomed this year, and some of my daffodils are sparse or lacking blooms at all. In past years the rabbits sometimes eviscerated the crocus; munching on buds and blossoms. But this year I never saw any buds at all. Seeing THIS didn't help my disappointment at ALL.

These are all well established plantings that have bloomed well for ten plus years. I don't cut the leaves back too early, I feed them and I try to divide them every few years. I'm at a loss. If anyone has some insight as to what the problem might be leave a comment. PLEASE.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's got to be the EXTENDED winter...hrrumph.
Your link was just depressing, here is hoping for spring SOON!

Daisy said...

I'm sorry! And darn you for making me do research.
Kansas City MO
39.11N -94.54W (Elev. 971 ft)

Lancaster OH
39.73N -82.59W (Elev. 879 ft)

I'm slightly north of you, but only slightly, and you're higher in the mountains than we are. Those crocuses are always early, and there are no daffodils blooming yet. Patience, woman!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

No idea.

Your daffodils are lovely.

Fannie said...

Daisy - I am in the mountains?!?

Daisy said...

Well, higher than me, anyway. ;)