Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Death and Taxes

The weekend SUCKED. It was gray, cold and it SNOWED! Well, flurries, but still, it's APRIL. I managed to get the necessary errands attended to but was otherwise unproductive. And there's quite a list of things that I should have done. Things I won't want to do when the sun is out and the breeze is warm.

For example, I have fabric sitting on the bench in my bedroom. Fabric that's been there for at least six weeks. You know, fabric to recover the bench seat. Which is sadly in need of being recovered. A normal person would have thought to herself, "Hmm, the weather's not good for outdoor activities. I know, this would be great day to recover the bench seat!". Me? I just piled some more crap on top of the fabric and pretended it wasn't there.

Last weekend would also have been a good time to sort through winter clothes for storage; determine what needs mending, dry cleaning, to be given away. To start bringing up clothes stored last fall . Different clothes. Clothes I am not sick to death of wearing. Sadly no, this chore was left undone as well.

One thing did get accomplished. The Saint occupied himself by figuring our taxes for the eighteenth time. Sure that THIS time the result would be different. Guess what? The result? Was the same as the last seventeen times. It seems the good folks in accounting failed to withhold enough from some of his commission checks and so we got to write a check. To Uncle Sam. That ended with four zeros.

I need a stiff drink and a good cry. Unfortunately, my boss frowns on that kind of thing at the workplace.

2 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Ouch. We had a year when we got caught in the AMT and had to write a check with 5 zeros. And no, we do NOT have that kind of money.

Daisy said...

Your pile of fabric = my pile of window screens. And I didn't get dressed all weekend.

Sorry about the zeros.