Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Judgement

If you work in my office and you admire my new shoes? I will most certainly say, "I know, aren't they awesome?". I don't believe in false modesty. (Hells bells, hang out with me on a secluded beach in other parts of the world, I don't believe in modesty period.)

And I won't mind if out of nosiness idle curiosity you ask where I got them, I'll be happy to tell you. I'm willing to share retail information, I'm very generous that way. And if you go to that store and out of nosiness idle curiosity check out the price? Whatever. Save up your pennies, buy yourself a pair. Knock yourself out.

However, if you then come into the office and maneuver as a topic of conversation the aforementioned shoes ? And state vehemently that you "would NEVER spend that kind of money on a pair of SHOES!"? You should not be shocked or offended when I am not only unapologetic, but suggest that I wouldn't be caught dead in any of YOUR shoes either.

5 comments:

Madame Queen said...

She totally had it coming. Everybody knows Stuart Weitzman shoes cost a fortune, but how you choose to spend your money is YOUR business.

Fannie said...

Ha, I only told her WHERE I bought them, not "whose" they were. Also, check back later. I saw the "award" you left me and do I have some pictures for you!

Daisy said...

You work hard and should reward yourself. Nobody has the right to question or make judgments about how you spend your money.

Good for you for giving it to her!

MadMad said...

Oh, my goodness, you are fuh-nnee, woman! I'm glad you came by so I could get some laughs here!

Vanessa said...

I love the way you roll Fannie Mae!