Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Finally

Good Lord did we have a storm roll through here last night. We're finally having some mild weather, so I had the windows open. About 3 a.m. the storm woke me and the thunder was absolutely deafening. The terrorist gets spooked by storms in her dotage and was going bat shit crazy just to add a little noise to an already raucous situation. Shutting the window did little to abate the racket on either count and I'm feeling a little fuzzy today.

Nevertheless, it feels good to be able to HAVE the windows open after an incredibly long winter. Over the weekend I took care of a lot of seasonal chores. One of my favorites is changing from winter to summer bedding.

I washed the mattress pad and pillow covers. We flipped the mattress. I washed and stored the flannel bed linens, aired the down comforter and re-made the the bed with summer weight cotton.

What says spring to you?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, that freshly aired smell of sheets in from the clotheslines...and daffodils and birds singing and muddy boots tracking through my house.

Irish Goddess said...

Opening the windows, and moving my winter clothes OUT and my summer clothes IN. Walking to the ice cream store around the corner. Listening to the noisy birds!

Daisy said...

Taking out the storm windows and putting in the screens. Leaving the door open when I come home in the evening. Not wearing a jacket to work.

I'm in love with spring, and she's in love with me.

Vanessa said...

Oh how I know those nights. In fact we are having one now. Hopefully the storm will end soon and Spencer (older terrorist) can come out of the food pantry soon.

Shelley said...

It's so different here. It seems like we really don't get a spring. One day in March it's really nice (like 70 or so), and then within a couple of weeks it's 100 degrees. I honestly don't even know what storm windows are?