Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I want a snow day

I’m working on about three and a half hours of sleep. Three and a half hours not at a stretch. My mind is muddled and even simple tasks seem insurmountable.

I want a snow day. On a week day. I want to wake up late because the power blinks off in the night so my alarm can’t go off. (But blinks right the fuck back on because I like heat and electricity.) I want to see blankets of snow so high that even in my bad ass, four-wheel drive SUV I will be unable to get to the office. I want to ignore everything that needs to be done at the house. (And I don’t want Catholic guilt fucking it up either.) I want to drink cups of coffee and read the newspaper. I want to watch DVR’d television shows I haven’t had time to watch. In my pajamas. I want to have bread and cheese and wine for lunch. I want to take a nap. I want to soak in the tub. I want to finish the book I started three weeks ago.

I want a snow day damn it; and I want it before I go bat shit.

3 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Oh, yes, that sounds delicious. Tell me when you have one - I'll be right over.

Patti said...

Pull the blinds, call in sick and any day can be a sick day. Everyone needs at least one a year. I know the stoppage of the world is nice too, but you will just have to improvise...and reading Naked (not naked) is a great excuse all by itself. When you finish this read some David Rakoff. Similarly hilarious.

Shelley said...

Hell yes, I want a snow day too! If it snowed here. I always thought we should get a few extremely-high heat days, to balance out the rest of the country's snow days.