Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The B Word

No, I was not at the Senator John McCain event. I was at a BUDGET meeting. Most of the day. Slack jawed, eyes glazed over, looking like… well… like a teenager who has been asked some ridiculous question by a parent (e.g. Is your homework done? Have you fed the dog? What time is the National Honor Society induction ceremony? What do you mean YOU FORGOT to ask off work?).

Speaking of bitches the damn dog is on my last nerve. I will give her this, she doesn’t bark in the house unless seriously provoked. BUT, and this is a big BUT, she has always been a bit of a whiner. It used to be any time we put her in her crate (mostly for car trips). Then during thunderstorms. Then during fireworks. Now when she wants to be fed. Long before it is TIME for her to be fed. Whining and walking around underfoot whilst I’m cooking dinner. And for the record I was coerced into getting this dog, so NO I don’t feed her unless I am the only one home for the evening. So all the whining and getting in the way is just annoying a hell.

Speaking of pets in a loving manner, there’s a bit a conflict over at Angie’s. If you have a minute, take a look at her last few posts and offer a kind word if you can. This is an amazing woman who is feeling a bit beleaguered of late.

That’s all for now. I’m off to paint my newly dry walled and primed walls. I’ll fill you in on the great bathroom debacle project another day.

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Thanks for reminding me not to add a dog to this craziness I call my home.